Thursday, February 10, 2011

A lesson from Babies

I just finished watching this documentary called Babies and I had a sort of mini revelation. In this movie there are four babies that live in different parts of the world that are being documented for the first year of their life. I have never been outside of America so it is cool to see the different cultures that come along with the different babies. This was definitely a multi-reaction movie for me. At first I felt so small. In the whole scheme of things I really am just a speck of dust on a speck of dust but I can live with that because I know God loves all of the little dust balls. This feeling of smallness did make me question some of my life choices though. I know I need to seriously reevaluate how much time I spend on meaningless things. Then I just felt so happy. Happy that the love between parent and child is universal. Happy there are still places in the world that technology hasn't taken over. Happy to see more of the good in the world than the bad. Usually when I am watching a story on another country it is something negative like a natural disaster, genocide, or the corruption of mortality. After all that it is hard to remain optimistic but this movie certainly helped me see the brighter side of things. Said all that to say I strongly recommend this film and I hope you have the best day today and every day that follows.

No comments:

Post a Comment