Saturday, September 4, 2010

Mother Daughter Day

At times I'm sad that I can't live on campus but I'm also glad to still be close to home to my Mom. Today we did the whole mother daughter thing which included running around doing errands, shopping, and stopping for lunch somewhere in between.

The shopping was fun but the best part was lunch. My Mom loves finding local Mom and Pop resturants to support and today we found one that served German and Jewish type food. My grandparents are German so everything on the menu was stuff my Mother use to eat as a kid. She pointed out her Dad's favorite dishes as well as food that her Mother use to make all the time. The menu and atmosphere of the resturant unleashed a flood of childhood memories that I had never heard of before. I felt like my Mother was a treasure chest of knowledge and the key to unlock her was just asking.

It was one of the best memories with my mom but also one of the simplest.

2 comments:

  1. O.K., first of all, I had a similar day yesterday with my mom. Second, where is this place because I want to go there when I move over to East VA!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will find out for you! If this helps any it is located in the shopping center by Central Library.

    ReplyDelete