Tuesday, June 21, 2011

A Floor to Myself

I really enjoy living in the commons while I am a SOAR leader but I must say it is a bit creepy to be on a whole floor by myself. Steph, the Purple team leader, went home for the night so it is just me with a bunch of empty dorms.

Only a few hours ago these rooms were filled with excited incoming freshmen but they all went home. It is like the life was sucked out of the 2nd floor.

Of course Regent is holy ground which makes me even a little more cautious as I am coming around the corners of the empty halls. One story I heard last year in class was about a group of students who were praying the evil that had crept into the commons out of the building. As they were praying they saw a huge angel come through the halls and smack the small dark figures of evil out. I wasn't there and I don't know how accurate this story is but I am going to assume the evil was in the form of demons. One of the cool things about this story is that the mighty angel was smacking the demons out of the commons with a small bat. The demons were not a threat in any sense as they were scooted right out of the building.

I know angels are nothing to mess around with. They are powerful spiritual warriors and I'm sure it is no hard task for them to push evil away from those who are trying to combat it. It is wonderful to think that demons are nothing but small shadows that quiver and run in fear of the holiness we have inside of us. As long as we don't let them stay and manifest themselves we are always protected.

I think that is why I am a little bit cautious when I round the corners of the second floor. I am always nervous but hoping that I might see an angel in the hallways watching over everything. What a blessing it would be to meet or even get a glimpse at something so mighty, holy, wise, and close to our Father. Gives me good goose bumps.

Well…since I have this whole floor to myself I think I'm going to go take all the mattresses and make a fort in the hallway. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment