Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Summer, SOAR, & So Much More

Well Summer 2011 for me started around 2 months ago and it has been a good season in the life of Leila so far!

I ended my freshman year at Regent with a road trip to Ohio with my new best friend Chelsea Adams. I had never been to Ohio before and my time spent there was fun. The Ohio country side is very hilly, something I didn't know as Chelsea sped down the narrow streets in the darkness of the night. It was like a surprise roller coaster that made me scream.
After my week in Ohio I came home and spent my time working at DQ, hanging out with friends, and searching for more scholarships.
I had the urge for a personal change so I cut all my hair off. Well, not all of it but it is the shortest it has ever been in my life. I love it! It is easy to manage, style and it is a lot cooler than my long hair in the summer.



So I have been working and having fun. I started a second job with ESI which stands for Event Staffing Incorporated. I am officially an unarmed security guard! I secured a job in the fall at Regent as well as a tele-counselor. I'm pretty much good on the job front.




In more exciting news SOAR is coming up in less than a week! I will serve as the ORANGE Team Leader!! Orange all the way OOOOoOOOooOOoooOOOOOO. I am super excited and can't wait to start working with the wonderful student service team. It is sure to be a good time!


Tomorrow I get on a bus to head home. I've been in NC for the weekend with my Dad. His birthday was on Monday but I came down on Friday because the whole family had pulled together to throw him a surprise party. I know I will never be able to top the gift of surprising my Dad with a party and then surprising him again by calling him on the phone, pretending I'm at home, and then coming out of hiding. He was so surprised and happy that he cried which only made me cry which only made our whole family cry. It was a beautiful mess. Hahah


It has been a great summer so far and the best part is there is so much more to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment