Tuesday, June 28, 2011

My Favorite Things: Week 1


Website: http://www.createmytattoo.com/


I have wanted to get a tattoo for the pass two years that is based on the bible verse Psalm 139:14 which says "I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well." This verse holds a lot of meaning to me and I want a beautiful yet creative design to represent it. Well after a long creative process of my own with no results I found this website, creatmytattoo.com! I can give a description of what I am looking for and then hold a contest for a community of artist to design my tattoo! The winning design receives a cash prize that I provide and I receive a product of my own.


Museum: Newseum of Washington D.C.


The Newseum is exactly what its name implies. A museum of news! Now this may sound boring but it is the best museum I have ever attended. There are six floors of wonderful exhibits and after six hours I only visited the first three floors. There is so much information and every single bit of it is captivating. I viewed Pulitzer Prize winning photographs dating back 20 years, I touched a piece of the fallen Berlin Wall, and I left a thank you note on a memorial that was made for journalist who died in the field. Luckily, my ticket is good for two days because I am going back tomorrow to visit the last three floors. Highly recommended to anyone visiting D.C.


Show: Hawthorne


Wooo! Hawthorne is my summer show! Jada Pinkett Smith plays Christina Hawthorne, a RN at her hospital. This season opened up very dramatically and has continued very dramatically. I have an alarm on my phone for every Tuesday night at 10 pm so I catch my show.


Purchases: Seed Paper Cards


I found these cute, mini cards in an art store. They are made of seed paper so each card is full of flower seeds. The idea is to write, plant, and grow. You write a note to someone, they read it and then plant the card, and then the card grows into a beautiful boquet of flowers. I bought three cards each. They are in the shape of a flower, a pot, and a heart. I am going to use these cards to write notes to God. Then I can plant the seeds and watch my prayers grow. Check out the website if you are interested. http://www.bloomin.com/



P.S. sorry for the awkward spacing on my last few blogs. I don't know why that is happening.

No comments:

Post a Comment