Wednesday, July 6, 2011

My New Job

For the past year and a half I have been working as a cashier/hand out your ice cream gal at Dairy Queen. It was a minumum wage job that had flexible but odd hours. I enjoyed my time at Dairy Queen because I had fun, I met really great people, and I learned a few cool things about ice cream.

Yesterday on July 5th at 8 am my two week notice for Dairy Queen was final and I started my new job in Regent's Admissions office! That's right everyone! I work in an office now!

It was so great. I do transcripts which seemed crazy confusing at first but I think I am getting it down. Yesterday I did computer work, I stapled papers, I filed names, I shreded documents, I called other colleges and universities, I made copies, I learned how to use a fax machine!

Yes world I know how to use a Fax Machine! Bahahah

I know some of you may be thinking...Leila, why are you so excited about an office job?

Well concerned individual I'll tell you why. I like new experiences, I like helping people, and I like making money. I am doing all of the above at this new job. It also pays more than DQ does and I have more hours to work so that is a great plus.

Well I have to go get ready for work now! I hope you all have a good day. Even if you don't have a good day, a wise professor once told my class "Enjoy your toils..." He said a lot of other really inspiring things but I don't remember them good enough to put it in quotes.

No comments:

Post a Comment