Friday, July 22, 2011

Jesus Always!

Today I had the radio on as I was cleaning my Aunt and Uncle's house. I was listening to Pittsburgh's K-love when I heard a woman who had called in say "If things were always going good why would I need Jesus?" She said this in a happy way and I think she was eluding to the song that sings about praising God in the storms as well as the sunshine (metaphorically). After she said this though I thought "Well, even if everything was going absolutely perfect in my life I would still need Jesus."

Let's say I have all the money in the world. My family and loved ones are happy. My life is filled with laughter, fun, and hard work that is meaningful to me. I'm able to spread God's love to everyone I meet. Even if all this stuff came true nothing would be better than having God in my life. This world is not my home and the only way I can truly get back to the place I belong is through Jesus Christ.

That just hit me today and it is a happy realization.

2 comments:

  1. You're so right! We ALWAYS need Jesus! We wouldn't be her without Him and our wonderful Father :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The verse that came to mind when reading your blog was, "Do not love the world or anything in the world. If anyone loves the world, the love of the Father is not in him" (1 John 2:15).

    This is important to teach that we should put our trust and faith in God and not in things of this world.

    ReplyDelete