Wednesday, August 24, 2011

My Mortal Enemy

Below you will see a picture of a simple button that has made my life pretty painful and embarrassing these last few days. Let me tell you why.


In the Commons there are four entrances to each building; front, back, and the sides. Each entrance has a button like the one fashioned below. As you can see in the image the button says "Push to Exit". Pushing a button to unlock these doors so I may exit the building has been a foreign concept to me. There have been many times now, I am reluctant to admit, that I have been in a rush to go somewhere and I race toward the door just to have it budge only the slightest amount. But of course an object in motion stays in motion so I, usually my upper body and once my face, slam into the door itself.

After a quick look around to make sure no one saw the fight I just lost with the door I reach over, push the button and let myself continue rushing away to my next destination.


1 comment:

  1. Be careful...you may jam your finger on the button's hard edges...that hurts too. I'm not kidding, I've done it way too many times

    ReplyDelete