Thursday, August 4, 2011

Drop the V but leave the P

For the pass year I have been the Regent Undergraduate Council's Vice President. After finding out about RUC this was a role I jumped to fill when I heard about special elections. As a freshman this might not have been the smartest decision as I was already trying to adjust to college lifestyle. Thank God everything worked out! I loved my role on the council. I loved all that we did and I had a good time. I ran for re-election in the spring elections and ran unopposed. I was ready for another year as RUC's VP....

BUT THEN...

*Dramatic Music*

...THERE WAS A TWIST!

After some unforeseen circumstances I have recently been promoted from Vice President to President. Yes World. I am the Regent Undergraduate Council President. It has taken me so long to blog about this and here the post finally is!

I'm excited because I have so many ideas to make this year the best one RUC has ever had!
I'm nervous because I want everything to work out just right.
I'm grateful because I have a team of people who are backing me up and supporting me through the important decisions. I've made myself a team of advisors!
I'm blessed because of this opportunity and all the glory always goes to God.

I just can't wait for the new school year to start; even though I know once it starts I will be waiting on fall break to come.


It is going to be a good year.

No comments:

Post a Comment