Friday, August 19, 2011

Pros and Cons of On Campus Living

It has finally happened. I am now an On Campus Student! I love being close to everyone and everything but I am slowly discovering the pros and cons of being a resident at Regent University.

PROS

  • I save gas now that everything is in walking distance.
  • I can stay up as late as I want because I have no curfew to follow.
  • I have access to a gym and my laundry is done without cost.
  • All my friends are only a few doors away.
  • I finally have a life group!!
  • My church is right across the street. Shout out to New Life Providence!
  • It is super cool to have a swipe key that allows me into The Commons
  • I can decorate my stuff however I want. I love putting pictures around my desk and lights around my bed.
CONS
  • I live in a studio and I hate hate hate my top bunk bed. It hurts my feet to climb up it and I've already hit my head on the ceiling three times this week. Also, if I get a phone call but my phone is not in the bed with me I have to jump down to get it.
  • I can't cook so my meals have been consisting of left over pizza, dollar store mash potatoes, and microwaved hot dogs.
  • I live on the 2nd floor and I'm afraid to play Just Dance II on my Wii. There is a lot of jumping and moving around. I don't want my 1st floor neighbors to be mad.
  • I have to buy all my own stuff now! 
  • Did I mention I HATE my bunk bed.
There you have it! My pros and cons list. Luckily I still have my home to retreat back to if things get too crazy...or I need to steal some good food. Either way I am just happy to be here at Regent for another year!

No comments:

Post a Comment